Our Complaints’ Procedure
We want to give you the best possible service; however, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service you are receiving please tell us straightaway, and we will do our best to resolve the problem. In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your matter to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage.
Alternatively, please contact Jo Farquharson, Chief Executive Officer, by email, firstname.lastname@example.org , setting out your complaint.
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint within three working days of receipt. We may also ask you to confirm or explain any details.
- Your complaint will be recorded internally.
- Jo will review your complaint and will aim to write to you with our findings, including how we propose to resolve the issue, within 21 days of our acknowledgement letter.
- Where it is not possible to meet this deadline (for example, because further enquiries need to be made), we will write to you to explain and tell you how soon you can expect to receive a full reply. As set out by the Legal Ombudsman, we will ensure that your complaint is fully concluded within eight weeks of our acknowledgement letter.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint
If we are unable to resolve your complaint, the Legal Ombudsman may be able to assist in certain situations. Please note that you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- within six months of receiving a final response from your complaint; and
- no more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
- no more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was a cause for complaint.
Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve things with us.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact:
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) can also help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. You can find more information about that here.